Saturday, May 12, 2012

#22 HOT OVER 40! SURVIVING CANCER - I RUN FOR ME, MY MOTHER, FOR LIFE 5/12/12


More info click onto

IMDB www.imdb.me/joannabonaro

I AM WRITING THIS FOR MY 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY AS A CANCER SURVIVOR-- MAY 25th, 2002.
 I survived cancer. But hated the way I looked. 
I gained my life. But lost my self-esteem. 
For 7 years. 
Then - * I got the woman in the mirror I liked to see back again. 
I am determined to make up for those 7 lost years.
In between, I learned that we all really need and want to feel beautiful.  That society puts way too much pressure on woman to be skeletal skinny and prepubescent and that there is a huge prejudice for any woman out there who is a size 8,10, 12 or 14. 
 I had a conundrum. 
I feel magnificent as a size 4, fat as a size 10 --- so what can my philosophy be? 
"Are you a hypocrite?", I asked myself.
No.
My viewpoint is:
I am not advocating skinny, nor am I condoning too much fat.  Neither is good - both are reflections of poor eating habits and perhaps poor exercise regimes.
I decided to propose & promote a positive outlook --- 
to seek health and happiness based upon your own values.  Not Vogues.

The thinking that "taking care of yourself" is important.

A tall building won't stay upright without a deep foundation and strong supports.  The same goes for your body- it needs proper food and exercise to excel.  Take care of the inside and the outside will take care of itself. Your spirit needs to wonder and feel light.  That's why we love mountain aeries.  Feeling close to the sky transports you.  You must have moments in life when you feel as if you can jubilantly soar through the Heavens.
 
The more  you take care of yourself, the better and lighter you feel. Your mind and emotions need to feel inspired.  Creating new ways of eating, moving and then yes adorning, create a sense of well-being.

LIVING IS ABOUT HAPPINESS.

 I want everyone to look and feel as pretty as they can, based upon there own comfort levels. Because I know, I know that no matter what any woman says, she wants to look and feel beautiful.


The reason why I am a lunatic in the gym?  
Because I can be.
Because I am still here
I could have been LONG gone. 
I am grabbing Life and not letting go. 
No one can stop me. No one can pull me down. 
I won't let myself and I won't let anyone else.  
AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU.


No matter where you are in your journey to look good and feel beautiful, remember that you are alive and able. 
Just start.  It will become a wondrous adventure full of surprises. You will surprise yourself the most. 
I guarantee it.


 Sure there are setbacks.  Life is about "dancing in the rain" afterall. Any rebirth symbolism involved water; a sprinkle or a plunge, drinking or sweating, it's all the same.
When I am in a class and basically moving at 100 mph an hour while others drop around me.  I am not showing off. 
I am exhilarating in the fact that I can move,
that I am alive.
 
I am not competing -
I am exhulting in movement and breath and life. 
look in the mirror and I am grateful, incredulous and absolutely amazed.

Working out has become a celebration. 
So yes, I run  for my mom who has survived not one but TWO bouts of breast cancer, and I run for me
The scars on my body are my testiment, her testiment, every woman's testiment.  They say "I have survived." 
YES! I RUN FOR LIFE!
If  you are a cancer survivor I would love to hear from  you. 

   
Cervical Cancer Ribbon Heart

If you would like to read some other blogs about cancer, my fitness and weight loss journey and getting your groove back with Brazil Buttlift 
see blogs #1,2,3,6,8,10 & 14

Fitness tip: Brazil Buttlift w/ Leandro Carvalho  www.leandrofitness.com

*thanks Leandro - I may not be a VS model, but who cares? I feel like a gorgeous one and at my age --- that is enough for me!

More info click onto



IMDB www.imdb.me/joannabonaro



No comments:

Post a Comment