Friday, April 20, 2012

#21 SISTERS, SISTERS --- TWINS NO LESS 4/20/12

SISTERS, SISTERS
 THERE WERE NEVER SUCH DEVOTED SISTERS!

My Twin
AREN'T I LUCKY? I HAVE A TWIN WHOM I ADORE AND WHO ADORES ME.  WE HAVE BEEN EVERY SIZE UNDER THE SUN AND NEVER AT THE SAME TIME....
TILL NOW. 

FINALLY THE JOY OF SHARING CLOTHES. 

I JUST FORCED HER TO BUY A CASHMERE MAX MARA BLACK COAT.   (well when I wrote this awhile back, not now.) She didn't know about this very chic, very Italian designer brand. 
I zoomed into the coat with my selective laser fashion eyes and told her,
"Put it on - it's you."  She was undecided.

  ~now note the sisterly psychology~

I put it it on instead and said, "If you don't buy this I will, I look gorgeous in it - so it's either me or you."  There was only 1 left in the size that we now both can wear.


"caring, sharing, every little think that we are wearing..."

She said, "ok sold."  Who needs a saleswoman when she has me?

VERY AUDREY. VERY CHIC. VERY EXPENSIVE.
IF NOT NOW WHEN? 

 YOU WORK HARD AT LIFE SO WHY NOT BUY A COAT THAT YOU FEEL LUXURIOUS, RICH AND GLAMOROUS IN?
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? 

I urge you to buy cashmere.  It keeps you warm, feels soft, is high quality and a classic style will last you for years.  

BLUE COLLAR GALS DO HAVE CASHMERE TASTES YOU KNOW.
WE MAY JUST HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE SALES. ONCE PURCHASED HOWEVER, WHO WILL EVER KNOW THE PRICE? 


  

We grew up loving "White Christmas", Rosemary Clooney (Ginny was Rosemary -  even though I could sing and Ginny could dance, and they are both blonde and we are not. Details, details. Pah!) and the song they sang --"Sisters, Sisters" -- with those wonderful feather boas! Hmm...


"When a certain gentleman arrived from Rome
She wore the dress, and I stayed home"

The good thing was that we NEVER , really never, liked the same guys.
  So that was not a problem  -- the problem, most noted in college, was if we actually liked the guy the other one was dating at all! It was usually, "Ugh, where'd you find that one! Get rid of him!" This was before they even met Dad!
There is no one as critical about the viability of prospective boyfriend than a twin.

"All kinds of weather, we stick together
The same in the rain and sun
Two different faces*, but in tight places
We think and we act as one" 

(*aside - how did Irving know we were fraternal? he wrote the song for us didn't he?
that's what mom said)

So true.  And now we can raid one another's closets. 
I've turned her onto Anthropologie. 
Danger ahead. 
Instead of two for one, it's now one for two!

FITNESS TIP:
My thing is Leandro Brazil Buttlift.  Her thing is Weight Watcher's. They both work. Go choose one. There is nothing more to say.  





No comments:

Post a Comment