Wednesday, November 28, 2012

#37 HOT OVER 40! CASHMERE CURTAINS AND WHITE ROSES 11/28/12



CASHMERE CURTAINS
AND
WHITE ROSES 

What does that mean to you? 

For me in means pure delight and indulgence.

I just read a novel where the character stated that if she could live surrounded by Cashmere Curtains and White Roses she would be happy. My first reaction was "How lovely and unique! Cashmere curtains! I would have never thought of that. Yes I would like that too!"  Especially since it is starting to get cold outside.  How cozy  would it be surrounded by Ivory cashmere curtains that warmed the room but also my soul!  Immediately that thought was crowded out by the practical thoughts - "how expensive to buy, and impractical , how would one clean them? " Then I stopped myself by saying, "Why not? Why not enjoy my surroundings at home, and beautify it with a few luxuries that would bring me joy?"  Imagine looking out the window and brushing up against them.  It would bring a smile to my lips everytime. 

Next, the white roses.  Simple, sophisticated, serene in a clear crystal vase.  So old fashioned yet so modern.  I could imagine them greeting me in the morning in a shy, stately way... then at night, seductively soothing all the worries of the day away.

"Yes!", I said to myself.  This woman has the right idea. She didn't ask for mansions, nor millions from fame and fortune.  Just a few simple pleasures to bring her joy.  

Give it a thinkover.  What few items would make you happy?  Then splurge a little... You only live once. 

PS Ok I know it could be pricey -- but even if I can't actually buy some right away , one can find alternatives that bring as much pleasure while saving up for the curtains... I bought a pair of cashmere knee socks.  Now, when its cold outside I have something  yummy to slip into before venturing out.  Keeps me warm and feeling richly pampered all day long! 
Oh and one single white rose..... simply divine!



More info at:   www.imdb.me/joannabonaro

and








   

2 comments:

  1. have something to strive for now! a "sense"ational pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you got it --- so much to discover when tickling the senses - next time will focus on smell. yum! thanks!

    ReplyDelete